I’ve seen this device used in books and movies so many times. A character has a horrendous head injury and wakes up in the hospital a month later able to read minds and see the future.
I’ll be the first person to admit I have a hard head; however, do I have to have a catastrophic head injury to have psychic abilities? If I could be 100 percent sure of it, I’d bash myself in the head with hammer right now. I’m willing to induce a mild traumatic brain injury if it means I’ll be psychic after the swelling goes down.
I figure I’ll be able to support myself very nicely on the money I’ll make from being a TV psychic and helping the police solve crimes. You know what they say–no pain no gain. Then again, with my luck I’ll probably injure myself just enough to be in adult diapers for the rest of my life. Surely, there has to be a way to improve intuition without physically injuring yourself?
Precognitive Experiences or How Do You Know You’re Psychic?
Whether we wish to acknowledge it or not, all of us have psychic forces. Whether we want to develop them or not is a different question. Edgar Cayce
Have you ever experienced déjà vu? How about crediting foreknowledge as women’s intuition? Both are examples of psychic ability. Throughout my life I’ve had flashes of psychic ability, and when I say flash that’s exactly what I mean. It was so brief that I usually overlooked it or talked myself out of it. A dream or daydream that gave me a minuscule moment of knowledge about the future. Those few times when you know the right path to take or a a series of events come together in such a way that you know what you’re meant to do. Wouldn’t it be nice if those times happened more regularly?
It’s possible! By practicing the right habits of mind you can build up your psychic muscles like any other part of your body, but remember it’s a process like anything else you want to achieve.
- Keep a diary. The mind plays tricks on you. How you remember things and how they actually happened are two different things, so write down events as they happen. When you read it some time later you’ll realize that you did see it coming and just didn’t have faith in your ability.
- Meditate. How can you hear your inner voice over the noise of your monkey mind? Meditation quiets the endless chatter. Don’t say you can’t because you can. Have you ever zoned out on the drive home from work and not remember actually driving? If you can do that, you can meditate.
- Become an Intuitarian. Say what? With all the diet and lifestyle advice available, overwhelm is natural. Go with your natural inclinations whether it’s vegan or Weston Price. Once you implement your choice, use all your senses to notice how your body responds. Make changes accordingly. Congratulations, you’re now an Intuitarian.
- Find a mentor. No one said you had to do this alone. I found my mentor at a local psychic festival. Never knew there was such a thing until I looked for it. She was able to recommend a course of study to me.
- Work on opening your third eye. This is not a physical eye but a clarity of vision that’s reached with the right energy. The third eye can be directed inward or outward and lets you see beyond the normal limits of your perception. Since this is crucial, watch the video for more detail.
The Mundane Is Magical
I know the trend toward mindfulness asks us to be in the moment and experience now, but what I learned from my course is that the mundane—mindlessly doing things out of habit—is when the magic happens.
I already gave you the example of driving home. Disengaging part of your brain is why some people read tea leaves or gaze into a crystal ball. The tea leaves don’t line up to spell out the future, and there’s nothing metaphysical going on inside the crystal ball. When you do these types of mindless activities, you disengage left-brain functions–monkey chatter. Personally, I like to stare out the window while I wash dishes.
To give your right brain more opportunities to be dominant, try drawing with your non dominant hand. This confuses the analytic left brain. The right brain is good at recognizing patterns and non-linear information so you may want to get yourself a crystal ball after all. I hear tarot and angel cards work well for giving it a workout too.
You may start working on your psychic abilities as a tool for decision making, but find it’s also about self-discovery. The result is a more lucid state of being.